Rich and delicious Carrot Ginger Soup. Made with carrots, grated ginger root, onion, and other aromatics. Easy and delicious. This Carrot and Ginger Soup is perfect for these cold winter days. I love cozy and delicious meals just like this Carrot Ginger Soup. Happy New…
Loaded Mashed Potato Balls filled with Cheddar Cheese and baked to perfection. The best thing about Thanksgiving is the leftovers, am I right? I mean… in the Dominican Republic we call this “EL CALENTAO” which means heating the leftovers (LOL). I know right? That is…
Are you ready for something delicious? This Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce is just that, creamy and flavorful sauce made with butternut squash, chicken stock, garlic, onion and finished with parmesan cheese and heavy cream.
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
This sauce is so rich, and as per usual is a crowd favorite, and by the crowd, I mean a few of my friends who loved it and I couldn’t be happier by the results.
It is Pumpkin season and I am not mad about it.
You can make tons of things with butternut squash like this Butternut Squash Tart that is a must-try.
What do you need to make this Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce?
- Butternut Squash
- Dried Sage
- Chicken Stock
- Lemon Juice
- Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Parm cheese
The Method at a Glance
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While the pasta is cooking add chicken stock, butternut squash, half an onion, garlic cloves, sugar, salt and pepper on a medium-sized pot. Cook at low medium heat until butternut squash is tender.
- Once the squash is tender, transfer the liquid to a blender container. NOTE: Be careful as the liquid is hot, do not add too much liquid to the container. Do it by batches if necessary.
- Blend liquid for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Transfer liquid to the pot, adjust seasoning. Add parm cheese and finish with heavy cream.
- Add pasta and stir until well combined. Finish with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Serve and garnish with dried sage and parm if desired.
Note: Don’t add all the liquid at once. Do it by batches if needed. Make sure you start the blender slow and then speed it up.
I love this recipe because it is simple and quick. Cooking something delicious does not have to be complicated.
If you are into pumpkin season and need something yummy to try that does not involve pasta I posted this Pumpkin Soup last year and it is, in fact, one of my favorite recipes on the blog (I know I say this often) but for real this soup is so good. You can serve this soup hot or cold.
To sum up, I LOVE FOOD which means I am in love with this recipe and I am pretty sure I’ll be making it often and that is ok. Carbs are so good and I love butternut squash PERIOD.
God Bless You!
Rich and creamy Butternut Squash Pasta sauce. Made with Butternut Squash, onion, garlic, dried sage, chicken stock, and heavy cream. By: Luz Estrella
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Rich and creamy Butternut Squash Pasta sauce. Made with Butternut Squash, onion, garlic, dried sage, chicken stock, and heavy cream.
By: Luz Estrella