Happy Friday! Do you like roasted veggies? This Roasted Broccoli with Cheese Sauce makes a perfect side dish. This recipe goes perfect with Roasted Chicken or Poached Fish. I am desperately trying to convince you that you need to make this recipe as soon as […]
Month: April 2019
What’s for dinner? Shrimp Skillet with Pea Puree it is. This Shrimp Skillet with Pea Puree is the perfect dinner option. I am a seafood lover. Like for real. I remember being 4 years old and eating crab legs. Yup! I don’t know if […]
Eggplants Rollatini filled with Ricotta cheese in lemon butter and parsley sauce.
So…Here is your girl with yet another SCRUMPTIOUS recipe. You are welcome!
Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables.
Can we talk about how Eggplant and Ricotta cheese have perfect harmony?
In all honesty, it was a bit hard to share these with other people (I wanted to eat it all). I just love eggplant, and if you add one of the most perfect ingredients in the world… CHEESE! Forget about it. I go nuts (don’t worry that’s fine).
Just writing about this recipe makes me want to get all the ingredients and jump in the kitchen and make these right now. I never heard of anyone dying because they indulge an insanely amount of eggplant or cheese, just saying…
About a year ago I made Ricotta Cheese from scratch. I was proud of myself. Making Ricotta Cheese is super easy and it is so rewarding to make things from scratch.
What do you need to make this recipe?
- Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon juice
- Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
Note: Eggplant drains a lot of water. Therefore I baked it before filling it with the cheese.
One large Eggplant will make about 13 rolls. I used my chef’s knife to cut it. You can use a mandoline.
The method at a glance:
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place eggplant slices on a rimmed sheet pan.
- Spread some of the olive oil on each eggplant slice. Season with salt and pepper
- Place eggplant in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, chopped parsley, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Spread some of the ricotta cheese mixture into each eggplant, roll it and set aside.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, add parsley and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place Eggplant Rollatini on a plate.
- Pour sauce on top and garnish with parsley.
I must admit that I have a serious love relationship with Eggplant Rollatini.
Hey! Before you go don’t forget to check this delicious Keto Pizza
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
Delicious Eggplant Rollatini. Stuffed with Ricotta Cheese, Parsley in a Lemon Butter and Parsley sauce.
By: Luz Estrella
- 1 large eggplant sliced lengthwise (about 1/4 inch slices)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the Lemon, Butter and Parsley Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Step 1 Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 Place eggplant slices on a rimmed sheet pan spread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Place eggplant in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Mix ricotta cheese, parsley, garlic powder, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper on a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Step 5 Spread some of the ricotta cheese mixture into each eggplant slice. Roll each slice and set aside.
- Step 6 Melt butter in a small saucepan, add lemon juice and finish with parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce on the eggplants.
- Step 7 Garnish with chopped parsley.