This is a delicious summer salad. Arugula combined with pineapple, crumbled feta cheese, sunflower seeds, and a sweet Tangerine Vinaigrette.
It is very simple to make a delicious salad.
I remember going to Whole Foods and making the weirdest combinations ever.
I love me some green salad with all the delicious fixings.
This Arugula Pineapple Salad is just simple, and yet so flavorful.
To tell you the truth, I did not know what Arugula was until I was in culinary school, and had to do my externship.
What does Arugula Taste like?
Arugula has this amazing nutty and peppery flavor that I love so much.
It goes perfectly with a citrus based vinaigrette.
Arugula and Pineapple?
I really love the bitterness and spiciness of the arugula, the sweetness of the grilled pineapple, the saltiness of crumbled feta cheese, the crunch from the sunflower seeds and obviously the sweet and acid flavor of the Tangerine Vinaigrette. It cannot get better than this (maybe it could, but I’ll worry about that later).
I wanted to make a citrus based vinaigrette, which as I said, goes perfect with arugula (try it now, and thank me later).
When I tried this Tangerine Vinaigrette, I made a happy dance (you know, that “this is the best thing I have ever tried dance”).
This vinaigrette is sweet, savory and simply mouthwatering.
Feel free to try this vinaigrette with a green salad of your choice. You won’t regret it.
If you do not like Tangerine, you can definitely make this Mango Vinaigrette
Ingredients and Method at a Glance:
What do you need to make this amazing summer salad?
- Sunflower seeds
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Butter to grill the pineapple and toast the sunflower seeds
- Tangerines or fresh tangerine juice
- Lime juice
- Olive oil
- White vinegar
The method at a Glance:
- In a small saute pan, at low-medium heat melt unsalted butter and add sunflower seeds. Season with salt, and toast for about 1-2 minutes. Please keep an eye on it as sunflower seeds burn easily. Set aside on a paper towel.
- On a large saute pan or grill pan, melt butter and place pineapple. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Place aside.
For the Tangerine Vinaigrette:
- On a blender container or food processor place tangerine and blend. Pass through a sieve. Set aside.
- In a medium or large bowl add tangerine juice, salt, pepper, lime juice, and vinegar.
- Add olive oil gradually while whisking.
- If desired add some lime zest.
- If it is too acid, add a bit of sugar to balance the vinaigrette.
- This vinaigrette makes 8 liquid ounces.
Place arugula on a bowl, add all the fixings as desired and add the dressing.
This is a perfect salad after 4th of July. Because we all know that our subconscious mind is reminding us of all the burgers and hot dogs we ate on July 4th.
I know is hard to decide between summer body, and burgers and fries, can we have both? “Everything in moderation” people say. I love some delicious salad like this Arugula Pineapple Salad, but I also like a mouthwatering burger like this Bacon Cheeseburger
Finally, I hope you enjoy the best of both worlds my friend.
God Bless You!
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
Arugula Pineapple Salad
Delicious Arugula Pineapple Salad with a Tangerine Vinaigrette.
- 5 oz package arugula
- Pineapple (about 8 oz, sliced)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (to grill the pineapple)
- Crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed (shelled and without salt)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (to toast sunflower seeds)
- For the Tangerine Vinaigrette:
- 5 oz fresh tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- The juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sugar (if desired to adjust flavor)
- Step 1 In a small saute pan, at low-medium heat, melt 1 tbsp unsalted butter and add sunflower seeds. Toast for about 2 minutes stir occasionally and keep an eye as it may burn quickly. Once done place on a paper towel and set aside.
- Step 2 On a large saute pan or grill pan at medium-low heat, melt 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, place pineapple slices and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Step 3 For the Tangerine Vinaigrette:
- Step 4 On a blender container or food processor, add tangerines and blend. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Step 5 In a medium or large bowl add the tangerine juice, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil gradually while whisking. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Step 6 Notes:
- Step 7 Add some sugar to the vinaigrette if it’s too acidic.
- Step 8 Add some of the lime zest as well (if desired)
- Step 9 To finalize: Place arugula on a bowl, add all the fixings and add vinaigrette.