Do you like yummy food? If you do, I have exciting news, these Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes are AMAZING!
I love cheese. Do you love cheese? Ok… we are good, and by this I mean…You are going to love this recipe.
What Do you need for this Hasselback Potatoes recipe?
- Canola Oil
- Kosher Salt
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken bouillon
- Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Garlic head
- Chives or scallions for garnish
These are super easy to make. Please see the method at a Glance below:
The method at a Glance:
- Pre-heat oven at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced. Drizzle with canola oil and season with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Cut the top of the garlic head, drizzle oil and season with kosher salt and pepper, wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place sheet pan with potatoes and garlic on the oven for 40 minutes.
- Make the roux, add chicken bouillon, add milk, cheese, finish with roasted garlic purée.
- Pour the cheese sauce on the baked potatoes and garnish with chives or scallions.
There is always a “magic” ingredient in a recipe. In this case, the roasted garlic is the star of the show! It gives the cheese sauce an amazing flavor. I am beyond excited for you to try it.
Adding the chicken bouillon also helps to achieve that extra flavor.
I love New York City, however, I wish we could skip the winter time. It is freezing in New York. Thank God for homemade soups like this one http://ascrumptiousbite.com/creamy-mushroom-soup/ It is amazing!!!!!
What are your plans for this weekend? How about making this delicious Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes.
God Bless You!
Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes
Delicious Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes
- 8 Idaho potatoes
- Canola Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the cheese sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cube chicken bouillon crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic head
- Half a bunch chives or scallions for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat oven at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 Scrub potatoes and slice potatoes into thin slices leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced.
- Step 3 Place potatoes in a sheet pan. Drizzle canola oil and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Step 4 Cut top of the garlic head ,and drizzle canola oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on sheet pan as well.
- Step 5 Roast the potatoes and garlic for 40 minutes.
- Step 6 For the cheese sauce:
- Step 7 melt butter in a pot, add all-purpose flour and chicken bouillon.
- Step 8 Add the milk ,and whisk making sure there are no lumps.
- Step 9 Add cheese and finish with the roasted garlic purée.