Layers of delicious puff pastry dough drizzled with garlic butter, butternut squash, kale, red onion, eggs and finished with parmesan cheese. This Butternut Squash Tart is brunch deliciousness! This tart is a perfect combination of sweet, and savory. Butternut Squash Tart! This tart was a…
This mouthwatering Chicken Cast-Iron Skillet recipe made with chicken, carrots, onions, dried oregano, garlic, a touch of whiskey and heavy cream. Upgrade your lunch or dinner game with this delicious Chicken Cast Iron-Skillet recipe. Do you want to upgrade your lunch or dinner game? Well,…
Coconut heaven! These are the best words to describe this recipe. This baked Coconut Candy is made with fresh coconut, sugar, cinnamon, and lime zest and other aromatics.
This is the best way to welcome fall.
In case you did not notice, PUMPKIN SEASON HAS FINALLY ARRIVED. Let the Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes blow your mind!
I know it’s pumpkin season, but I couldn’t be greedy and not share this amazing dessert. I love coconut at any point of the year especially in scrumptious recipes like this one.
Oldie but goodie
This Baked Coconut Candy was my mother’s go-to dessert for years. She used to make it all the time back in the day.
I don’t blame her, this recipe is addictive, and I won’t judge you if you feel like eating this all by yourself (judgment-free zone).
Home sweet home
This dessert brings back so many memories.
It is always good to go back to the place that fills your heart with joy.
I was home for the summer, and one thing I miss the most about DR is finding fresh produce everywhere, including my neighbor’s backyard (how cool is that?!).
Are you ready for something amazing?
Let’s go over the ingredients and the method at a glance.
Ingredients and the Method at a glance:
What do you need to make this fantastic dessert?
- Coconuts peeled and drained.
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Lime Zest
- Unsalted Butter
- Coconut Water
The method at a glance:
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open the coconut, reserve the water, and peel the meat (remove the brown part).
- Grate coconut and reserve.
- Add the sugar and the coconut water into a medium-size pot, at low-medium heat until it forms a syrup.
- Add the shredded coconut to the pot and mix well. Cook uncovered for about 45 minutes at low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally.
- When the 45 minutes have passed, remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture and mix well. Make sure the coconut mixture is at room temperature.
- Add the butter, all-purpose flour, lime zest, and baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to an 11 x 7×2 inches rectangular pan.
- Place in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- I used an 11 x 7 x 2 inches rectangular pan for this recipe.
- Make sure the coconut mixture is at room temperature before incorporating the eggs.
If you are unsure on how to open a coconut, check this tutorial https://www.wikihow.com/Open-a-Coconut
Even though Pumpkin Spice Latte is one of my favorite things during this season, I cannot get enough of this mouthwatering Pumpkin Soup, which I think you need to try ASAP!
Lastly, to be frank with you If you do not make this dessert, you are missing out.
God Bless You!
By: Luz Estrella
Baked Coconut Candy
By: Luz Estrella