Can we all say T-A-S-T-Y together? No? Ok, I’ll say it for you because this is the perfect word to describe this Breaded Chicken with Green Sauce. Alright? Good. I took a week off from blogging because I have been all over the place lately. […]
This simple Ham and Peas Pasta is a great lunch or dinner option. Are you ready for Mothers day? Happy Mother’s day! to all the mother’s out there. As I have shared before my mother has been my number one inspiration throughout this journey. I […]
This Spicy Beef and Bean Chili is everything you want.
Is there anything better than Spicy Beef and Bean Chili? I don’t think so.
The first time I tried Chili was on my second year of college (can you believe that?) It became my Saturday go to lunch for quite some time. There was only one problem, I did not let the Chili simmer (huge mistake) the more it simmers the more flavor it develops.
For this recipe, in particular, you only have to let the Chili simmer for an hour.
You may be wondering is it possible to cook delicious Chili in one hour? Yes, it is.
What do you need to make this Spicy Beef and Bean Chili?
- Ground Beef (Obviously)
- Red Kidney Beans
- White Onion
- Half a Bell Pepper
- Serrano Pepper (optional)
- Dried Oregano
- Chili Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Bay Leaf
- Tomato Paste
- Tomato Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
Note: If you do not like it spicy, do not add the Serrano pepper.
The Method at a Glance:
- Heat up Olive Oil on a large pot.
- Add Onion, Bell Pepper, Serrano Pepper, Garlic and Ground Beef. Let it cook until the meat starts to brown and Onion becomes translucent about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add Dried Oregano, Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Tomato Paste, Tomato Sauce, Sugar, Bay Leaf, and Red Kidney Beans.
- Add Water, stir and let it simmer at low heat and uncovered for an hour.
- Use a Large Pot.
- Add salt gradually throughout the cooking process.
- Adding spices at the beginning of the process helps develop more flavor.
- Stir the Chili occasionally while it simmers.
- If you want an even richer flavor, store the chili in the fridge and eat it the next day (It may be hard to resist) I am warning you.
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Chopped Parsley
- White Rice
- Cheese (my favorite)
This Spicy Beef and Bean Chili is the perfect Cinco de Mayo recipe, and because I care deeply for you, here is this tasty Keto Chicken Tacos recipe. You can never have too much food right?
Finally, don’t miss out, you need to become the next Chili and Tacos master. 🙂
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
God Bless You!
Spicy Beef and Bean Chili
This is the best Chili recipe. It is ready in one hour. A perfect dinner option. Simply delicious and rich in flavor.
By: Luz Estrella
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15.05oz) can red kidney beans
- 1 small white onion chopped
- half a bell pepper small diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 serrano pepper seeded and deveined small diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 32 oz water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Heat up olive oil in a large pot. Add onion, bell pepper, serrano pepper, and ground beef. Let it cook until the meat starts to brown and onion becomes translucent (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Add oregano, chili powder, ground cumin, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, bay leaf, and beans.
- Step 3 Add water, stir and let it simmer uncovered for an hour.
- Step 4 Note: Serve with desired toppings.
- Step 5 Chili could also be stored and served the next day