Can we talk about something delicious? Like this Provolone Cheese Bruschetta?
There are so many things you can make with provolone cheese, like these Keto Chicken Tacos taco shells made out cheese? Yes!!! If you have not tried this, you are missing out my friend.
I added melted, gooey, delicious cheese to my Bruschetta, and hold on… that is not all, I also added a touch of spice. I added a pinch of red pepper flakes. What is life?!!!!!!! I wish I could scream of excitement ( I have to contain myself, I don’t want my neighbors to hate me).
Let’s keep this post simple just like this recipe.
Ready? Keep reading.
Ingredients and Method at a glance:
What do you need to make This SIMPLE, AMAZING, FLAVORFUL (Insert other synonyms here) recipe:
- Gape tomatoes (halved)
- Fresh Basil
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves (halved)
- Provolone Cheese slices (cut in half)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
That’s it! or like my friend, Gina says DASSIT BOO BOO!
Does it get better than this? Yes! Just wait until you try it. This is one of those amazing and simple summer recipes you want to try. Just because life is great and eating delicious food is your cardio.
The Method at a glance:
- Turn your oven to broil.
- In a medium bowl toss tomatoes, basil, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread on a sheet pan. Bake in the oven for about 3 minutes (Keep an eye on the bread as it may toast quickly).
- Take out the bread from the oven, rub each slice with the garlic. Place a half a slice of provolone on top and sprinkle with some red pepper flakes.
- Place bread back in the oven and bake for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Once cheese melts take the bread out from the oven, put some of the tomatoes on each slice.
- Garnish with more basil and olive oil if desired.
This recipe is so good, I could not help myself and ate a lot during the process of making it. I was not disappointed and I know you won’t be either.
If you do not like spicy, disregard the Red Pepper Flakes. This is totally optional.
Lastly, this Provolone Cheese Bruschetta is a game changer, and totally worth it to make.
God Bless You!
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
Provolone Cheese Bruschetta
This is a delicious summer recipe. Scrumptious Provolone Cheese Bruschetta with fresh basil, tomatoes and olive oil.
- 1 large baguette (sliced about 1-1/2 inch thick)
- 6 oz grape tomatoes (tomatoes cut in half)
- 8 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
- 8 provolone cheese slices (cut in half)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Turn your oven to broil.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl toss tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Step 3 Place bread slices on a sheet pan, bake in the oven for about 3 minutes (keep an eye on it as the bread may toast quickly).
- Step 4 Take out the bread from the oven and rub each slice with the garlic. Put some of the cheese on top and sprinkle with some of the red pepper flakes.
- Step 5 Place the bread back in the oven for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Step 6 Once cheese melts take out the bread from the oven and put some the tomatoes on top.
- Step 7 Garnish with more basil and olive oil if desired.