Do you like roasted veggies? This Roasted Broccoli with Cheese Sauce makes a perfect side dish.
This recipe goes perfect with Roasted Chicken or Poached Fish. I am desperately trying to convince you that you need to make this recipe as soon as possible. Do we agree?
To be honest, many ideas come to mind when I’m hungry. This is one of many. I heard people say: Do not go to the supermarket while you are hungry, you will end up buying the stuff you do not need (to me that is not an understatement) This idea came to mind while walking the vegetable aisle at Wholefoods (not sponsored by the way). Let say the supermarket aisle serves as an inspiration to me.
How do you get inspired? (Leave your comments)
I made this recipe twice ( I needed to make it “perfect”) I pan fried the Broccoli on my first attempt but decided to roast the Broccoli the second time around (and we had a WINNER!)
Vegetables can be roasted, pan-fried, grilled, broiled, pan steamed, etc.
When roasting a vegetable it is important to cut the vegetable into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking. Toss the vegetable with oil to promote browning and prevent excessive drying.
It is best to roast vegetables on a sheet pan.
It is best to add oils, marinades, etc, prior to roasting the vegetable, this helps infuse flavor. You can also add aromatics like garlic, fresh herbs, spices, etc.
Also, make sure there is enough space on the sheet pan so air can circulate freely.
What do you need to make this Broccoli with Cheese Sauce?
- Broccoli Florets
- Olive Oil
- Heavy Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese (extra for garnish)
- Red Pepper Flakes (for garnish)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
Note: This recipe makes 2 servings.
The Method at a Glance:
- Preheat Oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the Broccoli Florets with Olive oil season with salt and pepper spread them out and do not stir. Place on a sheet pan, and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the desired doneness.
- While the Broccoli is roasting, start working on your sauce.
- Heat up heavy cream, add Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Cream Cheese, salt, and pepper. Stirring occasionally. Finish with Parm and stir occasionally. Set aside.
- Serve Broccoli and pour Cheese Sauce on top, or mix Brocolli with cheese sauce.
- Garnish with Red Pepper Flakes if desired.
Roasting a vegetable is a great way to enhance its flavor. Especially if you add oil or other aromatics (garlic, herbs, etc).
You can also substitute Broccoli with your favorite vegetable (Your kitchen your rules!).
In summary, I believe that you can take 25 minutes of your time and make your new favorite side dish…Roasted (pan-friend, grilled, broiled or whatever technique you want to use) Broccoli with Cheese Sauce.
Before you go… do you like seafood? Your wish is my command check this SCRUMPTIOUS Shrimp Skillet with Pea Puree
If you are feeling inspired check this recipe Broccoli with Cheddar Sauce
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
God Bless You!
Roasted Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
This is a perfect side dish. It only takes 25 minutes to make. Delicious Roasted Broccoli with Cheese Sauce.
- 1 1/2 broccoli bunch cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the cheese sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- Red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Preheat oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them out and roast. Do not stir.
- Step 3 Heat up heavy cream on low-medium heat, add onion powder, garlic powder, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Finish with parm and stir occasionally. Set aside.
- Step 4 Serve broccoli and pour sauce on top. Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.