Perfectly cooked Salmon with bell peppers, onion and other aromatics in creamy coconut sauce. Let’s keep this real ok? This is the best salmon recipe you could ever try, PERIOD! Salmon is the best option when you are not sure what to make for lunch…
Tag: bell pepper
Delicious layers of pasta, ground beef, creamy bechamel sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. This Ground Beef Lasagna is the perfect dish to serve a crowd. I remember while growing up my mom used to make lasagna or scallop potatoes almost every Saturday. Therefore, Saturday became…
Simplicity as its finest that is exactly what this Roasted Pepper Cheese Dip is, simple yet so rich in flavor. After all, roasted pepper, fresh basil, and cream cheese is a great combination.
Cheese, cheese, and more cheese
I remember being around 13 years old when my mom took an Hors d’oeuvre class. You see…my mother wanted to also be a chef, she did not attend culinary school but did take cooking classes. Also, the Gourmet channel helped a lot. When my mom took this class we had cheese dips for days with all sorts of veggies, fresh herbs, etc, but since I love cheese (my mom does too btw), I was in cheese heaven and that was fine with me.
As a result of this cheese overload back in the day, every time someone asks me to bring something to a party. I always bring a cheese dip. Everyone loves my Cream Cheese and Chives dip. I love it so much that I turned it into a pie, No-bake savory Cream cheese and chives pie what can I say? I don’t blame the people who ask for it all the time.
Now let’s talk about roasting bell peppers.
There are many ways to roast a bell pepper. In my opinion, the easiest way to roast a bell pepper is by doing it in the stovetop. Roasting a bell pepper was one of the first things I learned how to do in culinary school. This method is also convenient if you are only roasting one bell pepper. If you are roasting more then one then Ill recommend doing it in the oven.
How do you roast a bell pepper?
- Turn the burner to the highest setting and place the pepper directly on the flame.
- Using a pair of tongs turn the pepper a couple of times until the skin is completely blackened.
- Place the pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- The pepper will steam. This helps to remove the skin.
- Remove the skin using a paper towel, or remove the skin with your hands, but in all honesty, if I were you Ill remove it with a paper towel.
- Voila! you are done.
Now that we have learned a new skill, let’s see what else do you need to make your friend’s new favorite cheese dip 🙂
Ingredients and Method at a Glance:
What do you need to make this Roasted Pepper Cheese Dip?
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Bell pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
The method at a Glance:
- Roast Bell pepper, remove the skin and chop. Set aside.
- In a bowl add softened cream cheese, chopped bell pepper, basil, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix well.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or crostini.
In conclusion, this Roasted Pepper Cheese Dip is an amazing recipe to bring to a party. Simple yet so flavorful. I know…You are welcome! LOL
God Bless You, my friend!
Roasted Pepper Cheese Dip
This is an amazing dip made with roasted bell pepper and fresh basil. This is the perfect party snack.
By: Luz Estrella
- 16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 bell pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 To roast the bell pepper on the stovetop:
- Step 2 Turn the burner to the highest setting and place pepper directly on the flame.
- Step 3 Using a pair of tongs turn the pepper a couple of times until the skin is completely blackened.
- Step 4 Place the pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Step 5 When the 5 minutes have pass remove the skin using a paper towel. Finely chop the pepper and set aside.
- Step 6 For the dip:
- Step 7 In a bowl add the cream cheese, chopped basil, and chopped pepper.
- Step 8 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 9 Mix well.
- Step 10 Serve with your favorite crackers.