Perfectly cooked Salmon with bell peppers, onion and other aromatics in creamy coconut sauce. Let’s keep this real ok? This is the best salmon recipe you could ever try, PERIOD! Salmon is the best option when you are not sure what to make for lunch…
Delicious layers of pasta, ground beef, creamy bechamel sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese. This Ground Beef Lasagna is the perfect dish to serve a crowd. I remember while growing up my mom used to make lasagna or scallop potatoes almost every Saturday. Therefore, Saturday became…
Rich and delicious Carrot Ginger Soup. Made with carrots, grated ginger root, onion, and other aromatics. Easy and delicious. This Carrot and Ginger Soup is perfect for these cold winter days.
I love cozy and delicious meals just like this Carrot Ginger Soup.
Happy New Year Y’all!
This is my first blog post of 2020.
I am super excited about this year.
I wrote all of my New Years’ resolutions and goals a few days ago.
After writing all of my goals and resolutions, I realized that there is no time to waste.
Although life gets busy I think we should all take some time to invest in ourselves.
We should take care of our mind and body, and obviously eat delicious homemade food.
Comforting and delicious Carrot and Ginger Soup
Comforting and delicious are the exact words that perfectly describe this soup.
Carrots are sweet and rich, and adding a touch of ginger makes this soup way better. I think everything gets yummier with a hint of spice.
This is one of those comforting foods that you fall in love with as soon as you try it.
I love hearty and delicious soups just like this Carrot and Ginger Soup.
Also, I am all in when it comes to SCRUMPTIOUS soups like this Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe that I posted here some time ago.
What is your favorite comfort food? Let me know in the comments.
Alright! Enough said, let’s get started. Keep reading for the ingredients and the method at a glance, because we all know you want to try this soup.
The ingredients and Method at a Glance
What do you need to make this Carrot Ginger Soup?
- Ginger Root
- Dried Sage
- Chicken Bouillon
- Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
The method at a glance:
1. In a medium-size pot at medium heat, add the butter until it melts and it becomes lightly browned.
2. Add sliced onion, garlic and dried sage. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken bouillon paste and stir.
Note: Chicken bouillon contains high amounts of sodium, do not add too much salt.
4. Add the carrots to the pot and cover with water. Add grated ginger. Give it a quick stir.
5. Bring it to a simmer.
6. Cover and let it simmer at low-medium heat for 30 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper, gradually. Stirring occasionally.
8. Blend the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
9. Once you have blended the soup, pour it into the pot and finish with heavy cream.
10. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- When cooking soups it is best to season gradually. Do not add the salt and pepper at the end or at once. Soups develop flavors as they cook.
- Blend the soup in small batches. The liquid is hot and it can be dangerous. Always be cautious when blending hot liquids in a food processor or blender.
Finally, after a well-deserved break (imagine working full time and blogging?), it ain’t easy my friends. People underestimate the number of hours bloggers put into a single blog post.
That being said, I am grateful for 2019 and everything I was able to accomplish thanks to the love and mercy of God. I am super excited to take A Scrumptious Bite to the next level, and I want you to be part of this community.
Thank you for reading, may God bless you always.
Delicious creamy Ginger Carrot Soup. Made with fresh ginger, carrots, chicken bouillon, garlic, dried sage among other aromatics and finished with heavy cream. By: Luz Estrella
Carrot Ginger Soup
Delicious creamy Ginger Carrot Soup. Made with fresh ginger, carrots, chicken bouillon, garlic, dried sage among other aromatics and finished with heavy cream.
By: Luz Estrella