It is pumpkin season and this rich and creamy Butternut Squash Pasta is a must try!
Tag: heavy cream
This mouthwatering Chicken Cast-Iron Skillet recipe made with chicken, carrots, onions, dried oregano, garlic, a touch of whiskey and heavy cream. Upgrade your lunch or dinner game with this delicious Chicken Cast Iron-Skillet recipe. Do you want to upgrade your lunch or dinner game? Well,…
This simple Ham and Peas Pasta is a great lunch or dinner option.
Are you ready for Mothers day?
Happy Mother’s day! to all the mother’s out there.
As I have shared before my mother has been my number one inspiration throughout this journey. I got my passion for cooking from her (I LOVE YOU MOM).
Mother’s day is this Sunday and I know you need some lunch or dinner ideas for this special occasion. Therefore here I am sharing this (friends/family approved recipe) because I care for you and your family.
My mom taught me how to cook, and one of the first things I learned how to cook was pasta.
I used to make Spaguettis for my friends all the time.
At 11 or 12 years old (I can’t remember), cooking Spaghetti every afternoon was uplifting (I felt accomplished) I finally knew how to cook.
Do not confuse simple with bland (it is not) In this case simple means (INSANELY GOOD, NOT TIME-CONSUMING)you feel me?
Do you have 20 minutes of your time? Because that is all you need to make this recipe.
What do you need to make this Ham and Peas pasta?
- Uncooked Pasta
- Frozen Peas
- Low Sodium Ham
- White Onion
- Heavy Cream
- Pasta Cooking Water
- Unsalted Butter
- Freshly squeeze lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
The Method at a glance:
- First, cook Pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of Pasta Cooking Water.
- Second, melt butter in a Medium pot at low/medium heat.
- Add the ham, onion, and garlic cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Add the pasta water and heavy cream.
- Add the Frozen Peas and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in cooked Pasta.
- Add Lemon Juice and stir.
- Finish with Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- The pasta water should taste like the sea (add enough salt)
- If you want to add extra flavor add a Garlic Clove to the water.
- Frozen Peas only need 2-3 minutes to cook.
- Use Low Sodium Ham or Turkey Ham.
If like me, you love pasta and have no clue what to cook this weekend, check this other recipe I published a few months ago Kale and Shrimp Pasta
If you are feeling inspired this spring check out these recipes Spring Recipes
In summary, I want you to feel accomplished and obviously cook an insanely good pasta for your family. Therefore you need to make this Ham and Peas Pasta asap!
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
God Bless You!
Ham and Peas Pasta
This is a delicious Spring Pasta recipe made with Ham and Peas.
By: Luz Estrella
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (half a pound)
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 oz low sodium ham small diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of pasta cooking water (reserved after cooking the pasta)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Olive oil (add to pasta cooking water).
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Cook Pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup from pasta cooking water.
- Step 2 Melt butter in a medium pot at low-medium heat. Add ham, garlic, and onion. Cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Step 3 Add pasta cooking water and heavy cream and stir.
- Step 4 Add Peas, and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5 Toss in pasta.
- Step 6 Add lemon juice and stir.
- Step 7 Finish with parmesan cheese.