Perfectly cooked Salmon with bell peppers, onion and other aromatics in creamy coconut sauce. Let’s keep this real ok? This is the best salmon recipe you could ever try, PERIOD! Salmon is the best option when you are not sure what to make for lunch…
Nothing is more delicious than a Bacon Cheeseburger, this summer.
Bacon Cheeseburger, and caramelized onions. Yum!
National Burger day is May 28th!
After all, who does not love a juicy, scrumptious, Bacon Cheeseburger!? And can we talk about caramelized onions!? The best thing in the world!
I have created the “perfect” burger for you.
Did I mentioned Hickory Smoked Bacon?!
My instructor at Culinary School did a great job explaining how to form a perfect beef patty and every detail to achieve “perfection”.
What do you need to make these mouthwatering! Bacon Cheeseburger?
Here is the ingredient list:
- Ground Beef Chuck (20% fat)
- American Cheese
- Brioche Buns
- Red Onion
- Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
Extras: Jalapenos or any other topping of your preference.
What is the best meat for hamburgers?
The “perfect” type of meat is Ground Beef Chuck with at least 20% fat (yes! 20%).
This cut contains enough fat to add flavor to the burger. We are going to talk more about fat now, please keep reading 🙂
Do we really need fat?
I know we all get really scared when it comes to eating fat, however, in this case, you need it to make a delicious burger.
The amount of fat in meat influences its flavor. As I mentioned before.
Do you know what is Maillard Reaction?
A Maillard Reaction is a chemical reaction between amino acids and reducing sugar, that gives browned food its flavor. This also happens when you cook steaks and as well as burger patties. This helps the food turn brown and also adds a yummy flavor to it.
That being said…
You should definitely treat yourself. It’s Summertime pools are ready, the grills are sizzling and we are ready to have fun!
Inspired? That was my goal. Thank you!
Seasoning the meat
Salt and pepper are your best friends here. Although I shared this before, while I was in culinary school I learned that when seasoning meat like a steak, chicken breast, etc salt, and pepper is enough. However, this is not an unbreakable rule, it is something to consider. If you do not want to add any other seasonings.
Some people may consider adding other seasonings or aromatics to their burger meat, which is fine, but a simple and yummy burger should only be seasoned with salt and pepper. Again, this is not an unbreakable rule (like I always say: your kitchen your rules!) If you want to add some paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, you can go ahead and do it. It all depends on your personal preference.
The Method at a glace:
This recipe serves 4
- In a medium bowl combine ketchup and mayonnaise. Set aside until ready to use.
- Divide ground beef into 4 equal pieces (6 oz each) and form patties. Place patties on parchment paper, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat griddle pan. Add olive oil and cook patties (about 4 minutes per side). Note: If you are using a griddle pan use half of the pan to cook the meat and the other half to cook the bacon. Therefore you can cook both the meat and bacon at the same time.
- Once one side of the burger is cooked, flip and place cheese on top. Cover with a lid until cheese melts.
- While cooking the meat and bacon, melt butter on a medium-size skillet, add onions and cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure you stir occasionally.
- Once the patties are cooked let it rest before transferring to the bun. You can use a cooling rack for this.
- While the meat is resting spread each bun side with butter or mayonnaise. Toast the buns on a skillet or griddle pan at low/medium heat until golden and crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon spread some of the ketchup on each side of the bun.
- Place patty on the base of the bun.
- Spread some of the caramelized onion on top
- Add bacon.
- Add Tomato.
- At last, add lettuce.
Equipment, and final notes
We need the following equipment to make this recipe:
- A Griddle Pan or skillet.
- Parchment Paper.
Note: Is more convenient to use a griddle pan. If you do not have a griddle pan you can use a large skillet.
Lastly, avoid squeezing the meat with the spatula while cooking it. Let the heat do its thing. You want a juicy burger. If you squeeze the meat then you will end up with a dry burger.
Clearly, you need to make these Bacon Cheeseburgers ok?!
If you are feeling inspired please do not forget to check this delicious Spring White Rice recipe. Let’s get cooking.
Did you make this recipe? Do not forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @ascrumptiousbite.
God Bless You!
This is the perfect Bacon Cheeseburger. Caramelize onion, melted cheese, tomato and lettuce with a ketchup and mayo sauce.
By: Luz Estrella
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef chuck (20% fat)
- 8 hickory smoked bacon strips halved
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- romaine lettuce
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 In a small bowl combine ketchup and mayonnaise. Set aside until ready to use.
- Step 2 Divide ground beef into 4 equal pieces (6 oz each) form patties and place on parchment paper. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Preheat griddle pan and olive oil. Cook beef patties(4 minutes per side) cook bacon on the griddle pan at medium heat.
- Step 4 Once one side of the burger is cooked, flip and place cheese on top (cover with a lid until the cheese melts).
- Step 5 While cooking the meat and the bacon. Melt butter in a medium skillet and add the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cook at low/medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 6 Let the meat rest on a cooling rack for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 7 While meat is resting, spread some butter or mayonnaise to the buns. Toast on a skillet or griddle pan for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 8 Using the back of a spoon spread some of the ketchup and mayo sauce into the bun.
- Step 9 Place beef patty on the base of the halved buns.
- Step 10 Add the caramelized onion, bacon, tomato slice, and lettuce.
- Step 11 Serve.
- Step 12 Notes: If you are using a griddle pan use half of the pan too cook patties and other half to cook the bacon. Therefore you can cook both the meat and the bacon at the same time.
- Step 13 Add your favorite toppings to your burger!