This Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Recipe is to die for!
After making these, you won’t be disappointed. I promise!
I was telling my mother how much I want people to enjoy my food, I want people to try it and immediately say they want more. That is every Food Blogger/Chef dream, we are here for the love of food, but also is delightful when people enjoy what you cook.
I literally made a happy dance when I tried these.
I mentioned before that inspiration may come from different places. This recipe was actually inspired by my aunt. She made Chicken Meatballs a few weeks ago, and they were amazing.
I had to come up with my own recipe. You see, sometimes you have to make smart decisions…like this one.
What do you need to make these delicious Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce?
- Ground Turkey Meat
- Shallots or red onions
- Dried Oregano
- Plain Breadcrumbs
- Basil Tomato Sauce
- Kosher salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
We had meatballs for days when I made these, and I wasn’t mad at all let me repeat myself (NOT AT ALL) I loved how these turned out. I got great feedback from my aunt’s co-workers who are dying to get the recipe.
If you are using tomato sauce I recommend adding a bit of sugar to it, as sometimes it may be too acidic. By adding a bit of sugar you are going to balance the flavor. Remember, it’s all about balance.
To get better results when making the meatballs blend the shallots, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and oregano, I also recommend adding a bit of water as well (about 1 tablespoon).
Lastly, I encourage you to make these Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce ASAP! This recipe goes perfectly with this Spring Mix Salad Recipe go check this out, and let me know what you think.
God Bless You!
Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Recipe
Delicious Turkey and Meatballs in Tomato Sauce.
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 shallots cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cups tomato-basil sauce
- half a bunch of parsley
- half a bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 In a blender container or food processor, add the shallots, garlic, oregano, parsley and cilantro. Add water, salt, and pepper. Blend and reserve.
- Step 2 In a large bowl add the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, and the herbs mixture.
- Step 3 Mix all the ingredients until well combined, then shape mixture into meatballs.
- Step 4 Heat the canola oil in a large skillet, fry meatballs in batches and reserve.
- Step 5 Heat up the pre-made tomato sauce in the same skillet and add the meatballs. Let it simmer uncovered for about 40 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by half.